Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sierra's New Orleans Review



My name is Sierra Fleming. I am a Hearthstone high school student. This is my perspective on the trip to New Orleans.


On April 6, 2011 Hearthstone’s high school left Virginia to indulge themselves in the city of New Orleans. We toured the city, observed the culture and worked with the Saint Bernard’s Project on rebuilding homes that were damaged in Katrina. My most enjoyable learning experience was when we toured the wetlands. It was mind blowing when we learned that so much of the wetlands were disappearing. The Louisiana marsh land is like no other. Their wetlands are home to some of the most unique plant life and animal habitats. That is one of the reasons it is so important that people all over the world lend a hand to help recover lost wetlands. I look forward to going back to New Orleans and experiencing it all over again.




No comments:

Post a Comment